General Job Function:
This position performs assigned clerical work including reception, filing and clerical support for the administrative department and for other District departments, as directed. This position also receives and responds to calls that come into the District office, communicates with the public to schedule and input service requests into the District’s database.
- Greet all visitors at the District office
- Answer District telephones and route messages or calls to appropriate sources
- Receive and input service requests into the District’s database.
- Receive and distribute faxes.
- Operate copy machines and distribute materials as instructed.
- Provide information to the public, such as pamphlets, brochures, and verbal information regarding the District’s programs.
- May update and maintain various types of in-house informational packets.
- Receive deliveries.
- Assist employees with mailing, faxing, and supply needs.
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Knowledge of general office methods, equipment, and administrative tasks.
- Ability to work well with the public
- Ability to speak and write effectively showing extensive knowledge of business English, composition and spelling.
- Ability to receive information over the telephone and in person in a courteous and effective manner.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions
- Ability to use Microsoft Word.
- Ability to operate a variety of standard office equipment effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other staff and the public, including vendors, other agencies, etc.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, while working within the confines of the District policies.
- Good interpersonal skills, diplomacy, and flexibility.
- Ability to work with all departments as needed.
- Knowledge of mosquito and vector control procedures is a plus, but not necessary.
- Education equivalent to High School graduation.
- Administrative business training desired.
- Minimum of 2 (two) years’ experience in word processing and computer applications.
- Experience 3 (three) years customer service experience.